View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 5:58 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

My thought was incorrect regarding the Braza building. The RDA already owns that. One paragraph from the article states "Sources close to the project say there may be some sticking points regarding properties the RDA needs to maximize the walkway and plaza." So I wonder if they want a second building adjacent to Braza, to make it a wider walkway. I don't think they need too, and I would really hate to lose that remodeled residence, and retail space. Plus the county's assessed value of the building south of Braza is at $1.3 million. The Eat-A-Burger parcel is valued by the County at $290k so the amount they are wanting to approve would cover that, even for a greedy land banker. Considering the RDA owns the two parcels to the North, Eat-A-Burger might be a good use of that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
I kind of wonder if they had to do asbestos removal or something in the metro building.. They had the front and back windows plastic off for a couple weeks.
Already answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
In the RDA agenda from last night there was a report on the UPAC, they said there was more asbestos in the remaining building that they hadn't found during the original assessment. The abatement will take until mid-April, then the building will come down soon after that.

Last edited by Future Mayor; Apr 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM.