View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 4:45 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

Another RDA PAC related item.

Salt Lake City leaders to vote to approve funds for unknown RDA purchase

The Salt Lake City Redevelopment Agency is ready to show ’em the money — $537,072.22, to be exact.

What the money will buy, however, remains to be seen.

On the RDA’s agenda for Tuesday is an action item for the allocation of funds that could purchase property on Block 70. That’s where the Utah Performing Arts Center will go up between 100 South and 200 South from Main Street east to Regent Street.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/politic...oject.html.csp

I'm glad that the RDA/City Council is being proactive in possibly approving funds for unforeseen future purchase needs related to PAC and the Regent St Plaza. I assume it will end up going to purchase the former Braza Grill Building in order to make the Main to Regent connection, but I'm guessing since no contract is in place they can't specifically earmark it to that exact purchase.

I know there are a couple of members of council that wouldn't have supported the PAC funding had they been in office at the time of the vote, but hopefully they will realize that the PAC is a reality and they city needs to approve this in order to make it as successful as possible.