View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2020, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Why the sudden fixation on height limits? There were none in Toronto, although there should have been, and there were none in Winnipeg either, so why here?
This is true. We didn't impose any on the last two, so it seems bizarre to suddenly start imposing them here. I do feel that for this site I would instinctually want to go shorter than my last two entries to fit the landscape better, but something like this should ultimately be up to the designer.

This competition, at its root, is for fun. This was the intention when we started. There is nothing remotely fun about having to abide by the city design manual when you don't actually have to. I would say that most of us on this forum fundamentally disagree with the presence of height restrictions, so why should we make ourselves worry about them when designing for fun?

If I wanted to be designing low or mid-rise residential blocks, that's what I would have been doing for my last two entries.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread