View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 3:07 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Perhaps foreigners would get turned off because of the differences in rules. Maybe foreigners don’t want to see punt returners simply wave their hand for fair catch, or take a knee In the end zone for free yards. Maybe foreigners would rather see a passing league over a running league. Maybe watching the clock just tick away for the last 2 minutes in an NFL game Would be considered boring, and they would rather watch football where that’s no really an option.

It’s not simply a choice between either or. They are 2 completely different leagues with 2 completely different rules, which any individual may prefer one over the other. To each their own.

The hype of the NFL beats any other pro league out there, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the game itself is more entertaining than other leagues out there.

Where is the allure for any foreigner for any pro sports team? Perhaps it’s the 60,000 that packed Coomonwealth 2 yrs ago that got their attention. Or watching Keith Urban at the last grey cup in Calgary. Or the media hype of Manziel when he took to the field and the eventual let down that story was. Or the revival of Mtl through Adams Jr. or maybe watching Chris Streveler take an absolute beating in the playoffs but being the man on top.

Or watching the CF-18s fly over McMahon on a labour day weekend with a packed stadium. Or brand new stadiums throughout the league that those alone bring excitement and energy.

The allure is everywhere.
Hey, I actually prefer the CFL *game* over the NFL and I can't stand how some Canadians are "NFL only" football fans and diss the CFL.

But I am just being realistic here.