View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 6:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presarch View Post
LA musician and architect here, a longtime lurker, off and on at least but have never have made a post (no idea how to put up pics) though I could add LA lore, having grown up here. Really an interesting off-beat dig into the LA's history, but, presuming to know history of a place is one thing, people another. For instance with this last post how can you presume to know the Nelsons and their family life as if you actually knew them? Maybe they were decent, the parents "good" parents, could very well be, but how would a person know for sure unless you did know them, live with them? It is also strange that you would say "most young people don't have self esteem"--gross overstatement. May be stick to the buildings??
Welcome to the Forum, Presarch......looking forward to your posts.

Its really not difficult to ''know people''. A lot has been written about people over the many years. Many people have given eyewitness reports of people. What I do is read and assimilate this information. It is from that information that I make my remarks about people.

Buildings are nice but I also like people. Without the people, the buildings are void of meaning and value.

A good example is actress Joan Crawford. Its from writings about her that we have come to know her.

Interesting film....Mommie Dearest...movie trailer:

http://youtu.be/HfFS0vrB8zY

Last edited by CityBoyDoug; Oct 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM.