View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2021, 9:52 PM
Small but Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
I've warmed to the idea of a retractable roof stadium for the Bears but I don't see it happening in A.H. For SBs or Final 4s to be a regular rotation in this city I'd think the lure of downtown Chicago for pre/post events would be the honey. That is why an enclosed stadium annex as part of McCormick is by far the best scenario if a new 75k football stadium were built. I don't see the NFL or NCAA would find it all that alluring to have their Marque event in AH.

Like I mentioned about Arlington Park for the Fire though, practically half of the stadium is already built at Arlington Park with a layout very amenable for soccer. The only issue is could they reliably draw enough from the NW suburbs.
There is no "regular rotation" of super bowls. The super bowl usually just goes to the city with the newest stadium. We'd get it for 1 year, and then it would move to another city the next year. Chicago would never get another Superbowl in that stadium. It's a complete idiot waste to build a stadium to attract the Superbowl. Seriously, look back at the last 10 Superbowls. Is there a "rotation" there? I agree with you on everything else but I hope the city doesn't fall for the "we need a Superbowl" fallacy ever again.