View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 7:31 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

/Rantmodeon
When you said you drove down that road at least 6 times, I knew I goofed, but that all seemed too late; sonysnob has a point, and so do you.*
You do have a holistic point of view of the north, and I trust that swimmer_spe, vid, F. Lionel, TBayON and Loco101 do too. All 6 of you together give a comprehensive picture of NWO and of NEO.*
It's been nice talking to all of you northerners for the past year, but now it seems that it's coming to an end.

If Northern Ontario ever gets $12B for infrastructure, I'd spend $3B twinning the bottlenecks and high-traffic stretches, and make the trucking association pay for the rest through tolls, as they so desire a cross-Canada freeway.
I would spend $2B on Ring-of-Fire to connect the far north to the rest of northern ontario at Geraldton so a freeway between Nipigon and Hearst will be slightly more meaningful.
I would spend $3B on long-term care facilities too since baby boomers are the reason for the mounting health care expense;
I would spend $2B each on education and on job opportunities so the north doesn't lose people to elsewhere.

Just an even more questionable opinion of a Vancouverite that spent quite some time in GTA

Perhaps I should only mind the business in Southern Ontario.
Perhaps I shouldn't even be in the Ontario subforum at all.

But my circumstances simply won't allow me to fare well in any subforum.

/Rantmodeoff

* no sarcasm

Last edited by Dengler Avenue; Feb 5, 2019 at 7:41 PM.