View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 9:42 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
the very least mta can do in this down time, aside from cost-cutting and budgeting, is to really fine tooth prioritize the many plans already in place or envisioned.

second ave phase two is probably at the top of the list. rank order them from there. move anything past the environment impact survey stage they can. have as much shovel ready projects as possible. break off the capital work into another entity for the city, or better yet, like the port authority, for the whole tri-state region. then let the politicians and public do the lifting to fund them.
Besides the 2nd Ave phases, I would also prioritize all signal modernization projects to increase speed, capacity, and reliability for when ridership numbers approach peak again. Station accessibility is also very important.

It would be interesting to see how these capital projects would fare under a separate entity whose sole (or primary) mission is to deliver these projects. Do you have any info on how the Port Authority handles it?