View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
^Not really "another note." How is the proximity of a Metra station relevant to whether residents will want to own automobiles? Do you assume that the only trips anyone ever makes is to an office in the Loop?
you mean aside from the fact that its also 2 blocks away from an L stop, and directly on a east/west bus line too? i dont see why this project couldnt have been considered TOD.

also, as someone who is in his 30s and has never owned a car, i can assure you it is possible to do so (and in this area specifically quite easily. ive done it, used to live a couple blocks away and this was even before Marianos was there. id take the lawrence bus to do grocery shopping at Harvestime).

i guess my point is generally, id prefer to see less cars and i still oppose developments that rely heavily on that model. i also understand cars arent going away. i also understand that regardless of whether the cars are self driving or user driven, there will be congestion and they should generally be dissuaded in crowded, dense urban centers.

Last edited by Via Chicago; Jul 26, 2016 at 3:49 PM.