View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2021, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
2" Transparency Slide Roy Rogers TV Audio Taping HOLLYWOOD

ABC. .Studio 26. .Los Angeles. .1962

eBay

Is this really how television shows were recorded back in 1962?...I thought the sound technician would be in a sound-proof room. . not on a folding table against the wall !

I can't go without commenting on the young man's festive shirt. Not only does it match the wall and signs, it sparkles! I wonder if the whole crew wore these shirts for the Christmas special...(maybe Dale made them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
I found a photo of the Golden Violin...

Dated 1962. From left to right:

Hamburger Hamlet | Cavalier | The Opera House | Golden Violin Restaurant (it also says that on the striped awning on the right) | ? | Los Angeles Conservatory of Music (that sign is on the building that became the Whisky-A-Gogo)
You mention the Whisky a Go Go. In the mid 1960s I remember there were "riots" at that place. I was only about 14 at the time, living in the Valley but I remember hearing about the riots on the local news. What were the riots about? Were the Doors rock group performing there at the time? Anybody see the Doors perform? The 1960s were the heyday of the "Sunset Strip", when it was still unincorporated county land. Also, is that the original Hamburger Hamlet? Too bad the chain went away. Very popular before the 1990s.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jan 25, 2021 at 7:03 AM.