View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
Utter nonsense. Yes, we have problems, but we always have so. Most of our issues are because California is such a popular destination and has been for so long.

One example... 90% of my building of 168 units is from out of state and they continue to move her en masse. The rest of Downtown, Hollywood, the Westside and Koreatown are all full of out of towers as well. Im sure the Bay Area and San Deigo are very similar. Entertainment, Tech, Aerospace, Architecture, Great Schools.. These are all magnets for immigrants, domestic and international.
I just see the problems piling up. If the homeless problem was solved with more housing units, I'd feel a lot better about things. But right now it seems for every homeless person housed, ten more show up. Affordable housing needs to be built faster. It is a crisis. Dang NIMBY's won't allow it. Interestingly, after I wrote this thread, I noticed a similar pessimistic piece in the New York Times today--"It's the End of California as We Know It" by Farhad Manjoo. It is in the Sunday Review section, page 3. I hope the problems are solved. I love California too. Born here.

Last edited by CaliNative; Nov 4, 2019 at 6:15 AM.