View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2007, 12:59 AM

I think everyone on this forum thinks that CAHSR is a fantastic idea both for the state's current and future needs. But there just doesn't seem to be anyone that cares enough to raise enough fuss about it. And the automobile and airline lobbying will have a good chance of killing it off, if it ever even makes it to the ballot (as has happened in other states). It is sad to see, but I think we haven't learned anything from our experiment with the highway. It seems like we'd rather build a 10 lane highway to serve 20,000 people, rather than a subway line in a city (LA, SF) to serve 100,000 (yes I know subways are more expensive on a per mile basis, I'm just trying to make a point). I'm not sure our governor has ever taken public transit in his American life. I doubt he sees a need for any statewide system. Hopefully some of our elected Congressman see it differently, and push to get this on the ballot (instead of building more f'ing dams on our rivers - how about putting some desalination plants on those pretty So Cal beaches? Que horror, you say? But i digress).