View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2016, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Downtown Tucson isn't that big. And 10 floors + 10 floors + 10 floors = 30 floor building.
Where else can you build a tall building in Tucson.

The reason downtown is having difficulty developing 30+ floor buildings is not lack of demand, it's the usual NIMBY's that are against such height and the developers that don't have enough $$$.
...I dont mean to sound dense, but I don't seem to understand the bias here. Just a few pages back, everyone bashed on farmerk for suggesting a high-rise building anywhere in DT. Now EVERYONE'S upset that a tiny building is going up in this lot. I agree, 30 floors may never happen, but his logic and everyone else's about conservative footprints makes sense. Instead of building three 10 story buildings, make one 30 floors tall... take the Broadway/Stone intersection; two nearly identical buildings where you could've added 5 more floors to the currently FULL One East. Just my two cents

Also, the triangle lot just north of the Ronstadt has work going on. Is this infrastructure for the proposed mixed use "tower" planned?