View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2009, 10:15 PM

Ahhh...My Father and his brothers...

My father and his brothers all had their first medical offices in the Medial Arts building. I still remember, when I was really little, the candy and cigarette stand on the lobby floor.

The floors were tiny and crammed with offices.

They later moved to 935 East South Temple. The Stevenson Clinic which in the early 90's was sold it to the Ronald McDonald foundation.

Memories!

How bout them Utes!!!

Go Utes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonkey View Post
You are all close, but don't quite have it yet. Yes, the short building on the corner was the Federal Reserve Bank, which replaced the Gardo House in the 1920's, and was in turn replaced by the Eagle Gate Tower in the 1980's. The taller building was the Medical Arts Building, which I believe was office space--I can't imagine a residential building with that name. I think it bit the dust a bit earlier, probably in the 1970's for mall construction.

The article that skyscrapers4Me linked also has some great pics of the Gardo, including one showing the Federal Reserve and the Medical Arts under construction at the same time--and it is an awesome read, if you've got a few minutes. The house had quite an interesting and colorful fifty years. If had been built in a different spot, it very well may have survived to present day.