View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 7:30 PM

I'm so tired of hearing about how Exxon made a mistake. Are all of you so naive as to think the company didn't do its research as to where to build a campus? Are all of you so all-knowing that you have inside info that Exxon doesn't? It's a grand delusion if you think so.

Big deal that they moved to The Woodlands area. There are a lot of big companies in The Woodlands including Anadarko, Baker Hughes, Oncology, Woodforest and the soon-to-be headquarters of Southwest Energy.

I'm 27 years old. Frankly, I couldn't give a rats behind of location. I'd go where the money is. Exxon will remain competitive as far as employment opportunities go because they have to be. They know there are too many other places to work in Houston. And frankly, a 20-something year old would be rather foolish not to strongly consider and or accept a first job with such a landmark company---given no other opportunities. Not everybody considers downtown 'the place' to be. Not everybody wants to fight the traffic. Not everybody cremes their shorts when they look at downtown highrises.

Money talks.