View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
SLC isn't DC or Toronto.

The frequencies on both the commuter rail and light rail are INCREDIBLE for a city of SLC's density and the length of time that each train has existed.

Bravo.

I know I've seen mention of several TOD's happening - how successful have these been? What has been the density of these projects?
Hey Gordo, I've posted a couple of video links below of two of the TOD's that are going up. The first one is 'Birkhill at Fireclay' in the heart of Murray, which is about 10 minutes from Downtown. Our own forumer,'Arkhitektor' is personally involved with this one. The second one is 'City Creek', which is at the heart of Downtown.

Salt Lake City Metro - Birkhill at Fireclay TOD - Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhitektor View Post

A video tour has been posted of the new Birkhill @ Fireclay development in N. Murray. Click below to see it:

Link:http://www.hamlethomes.com/communiti...eo.aspx?cid=18

It's the second video that appears with the 'Birkhill @ Fireclay' splashscreen.

The end of the clip shows the plaza that is proposed to replace the current park-n-ride, which will be rebuilt just south of the current site:
Downtown Salt Lake City - City Creek Center - Mixed Use TOD - Under Construction

This is the new City Creek Center, under construction at the heart of Downtown. It will cover 2 1/2 (25 acres) Salt Lake City blocks. Light Rail will pass at both the north perimeter and also through the center. Keep in mind that it is not too detailed yet, as far as the finish materials on the buildings. Materials used will be natural brick, and stone & granite panels throughout, (no overabundance of stucco here, thank goodness.) I apologize in advance, if the soundtrack sticks in your head.

Video Link http://www.downtownrising.com/city_creek/

downtownrising.com