View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 4:14 PM

This 'clown' (see below) sounds like the some of the 'Town Clowns' I dealt with as a business owner in town for years. Always negative, living in the 1980's, irresponsible spenders and useless as tits-on-a-bull on leadership. As a third party all I've sen the past 2 years is a mayor along with a useless council and senior staff (the '3 amigos) diddling themselves with our tax dollars. Hundreds of thousands of wasted dollars on studies, killing our business community (business riverview scuttling and the bad pr after effects), sitting and spinning while our roads decay and recently spent 20,000 dollars on a head hunter for a retiring senior staffer. Oh and let's not forget them soon going forward with a 10-12 million operations centre - a glorified garage for a dozen or so employees. What's wrong with putting 500,000 - 750,000 into the existing facility as it can be repaired MUCH cheaper? i know this because I have 2 friends who work out of this building. Taxpayers need to hang all these clowns up for their actions and inactions. With this said, you'll have to excuse me and hundreds, if not thousands, of Riverview residents aka the taxpayers who believe that this group has a plan moving forward to do this - and probably execute better than the town - and probably with help from the province/feds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
Really?

Isn't it highly irresponsible of these clowns to accept this donation? Same for Riverview Minor Hockey. Throwing 10 years of donations down the drain!
This project has zero hope. If and when a facility like this ever does get built it will be by the Town and with the financial support of federal and provincial governments, and probably not for many years to come. Never by 2016. Sure, kids are worth it, but my kids don't get everything they ask for. But they "think differently" they say. Really? Differently than the real world which actually has to have money to pay for stuff? It's nice to dream but the reality is, this is a pipe dream. Before anyone else donates to this cause, ask the question as to where the rest of the money is going to come from. This is likely to be a $40-60M project. Even if, in the unlilkely event, the feds and province kicked in their third, there's still a $20M shortfall. Where's that coming from? Fundraising!? Taxpayers!? The Town of course is exploring a similar facility, so be ready for the significant hike to your tax rate to build this thing. Afterall, the kids are worth it.

Really?