View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Yes it is! I could feel it when I was attending Temple before graduating last May, and I definitely feel it now. North Broad is finally starting to see some its most prime parcels developed, rowhome development is finally starting to cross Cecil B. Moore Ave (the current line of demarcation in North Philly, imo), and the North Station District will add some much-needed energy to the northern-most reaches of Lower North Philly. I was walking through Brewerytown on Saturday, and I couldn't help but notice how Cecil B. Moore Ave is starting to see an increase in renovations (I also saw signage for a ground-up project on the Ave, which I haven't seen west of 21st Street) and development has leapfrogged into the southern end of Strawberry Mansion (with a stand-out new development at 33rd and York). I have a feeling that the area between Susquehanna and Lehigh Avenues between the ex-Reading main and 22nd Street will also start to take off when the North Station District really begins.

I think it's reasonable to say that (at least) Lower North Philly will transform into a place to be within our lifetimes! Interesting things are also about to begin around Broad and Erie, so we'll see how far north new development can go!
Since lower north philly used to be the place to be, I hope that the momentum will lead to more historical designations in the area before they're too far gone to save. North philly has some of the best architecture in the city.