View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2019, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Because the desperately poor don't live anywhere else in the US?

I think you're failing to realize too, that many California voters have even voted for higher taxes on the state level and on the local level. Most voters wanted to keep the higher gas tax to support transportation infrastructure, and we did. My own local city (South Pasadena) is holding an election (I've already voted by mail) to see if we want to raise the sales tax by .75 percent to help keep our services status quo; it will keep our library open 7 days a week, help keep our police department, as opposed to dissolving it and contracting with the LA County Sheriff Department... etc. I voted yes to raise the sales tax.

Oh, you mean opinion articles written by conservatives, or op-ed columns from conservative websites/publications?

They are not opinion pieces the increase in exotic illness , the homelessness, the high cost of living, rolling blackouts, water shortages. The news reports are endless and the population exodus backs it up.

That doesn't get into what you could deem an actual opinion which would be weather we should mandate Solar Power on homes or have over the top gas taxes, or build high speed rail from nowhere to nowhere.

Once again, you dont need to get defensive but the problems in California are currently regularly in the national spotlight and when you have a situation like now where a fire is being exacerbated by state-level ineptitude it just demonstrates the issues in the state.

This is the reality of California at the moment, and simply pretending like its untrue isnt going to fix the problems.