View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2019, 8:12 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Rainey's on borrowed time as it is, just like the Warehouse District. It's only a matter of how quickly it gets built out.

Not that I'm wishing this on either area, but to me at least, it's clear as a bell -- lots in the CBD (and Rainey) without prior protection (CVC, historic, etc) are destined to be built up. Demand's just too strong.

Regarding this particular tower-to-be . . . I'm really interested to see what their plan for going "above and below the alley" turns out to be. The alley itself is going to become more and more important (and congested) as Rainey and East both get built out. I'd think maintaining throughput would be something the city has a very strong interest in.
My issue is that these developers need to do a whole lot more to incorporate entertainment venues. Downtown Austin is losing it's charm, the very charm that made it popular in the first place. The city should come down hard on any development that is proposed in an area that was or has become an entertainment district so that DT stays a place where people live, work and PLAY...