View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinko View Post
I’ve travelled all the MSAs in California pretty extensively except Chico. I’ve never had occasion to go there.

Of the other 3 states I lived in, I’ve been to all of the MSAs in Arizona (probably multiple times), only Tulsa and OKC in Oklahoma, and I think I’ve at least passed through each of those in Michigan but not spent a ton of time in any of them outside of SE Michigan.
Chico is out of the way, but if you're ever in the vicinity it's a great little city. Cal State Chico has a nice leafy campus and a couple of beautiful historic buildings, and is adjacent to the lively (non-COVID) downtown that packs a bunch of restaurants and bars between the university and the town square. Plus Bidwell Park, which stretches from downtown all the way up into the Cascadian foothills, is really an amazing amenity for a city of that size--in addition to jogging and biking paths, Big Chico Creek is channeled through a big open air swimming pool just east of downtown, and you can hike ten miles one way into the hills without leaving the park.