View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I'm trying to pay attention to this election. But it's same old's, same old's. Which one is the best of the worst. At least there are no business heavy candidates, like Katz.

Steeves = fielding. No thanks.
Havixbeck not pulling though.
Oulette will get the heartstrings vote, nothing more.
Bowman may get the vote if he doesn't blow it.
Please don't let Judy get the Orange vote by default!
The rest don't stand a chance.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spe...ce=d-top-story

Fielding endorses Steeves for Mayor

By: Aldo Santin
Posted: 10:27 AM

The Steeves campaign got a boost this morning from one of city council's hard right-wingers.

Coun. Scott Fielding said he is endorsing Gord Steeves for mayor, explaining he likes his plan to save the city's crumbling infrastructure.

"I'm here to officially endorse my good friend and colleague Gord Steeves for mayor," Fielding said from a make-shift podium set up near the duck pond at Assiniboine Park.

Fielding, the St. James councillor who is not running for re-election, said he likes Steeves' policy platforms.

Standing in the drizzling rain, Steeves and Fielding complimented each other as individuals of integrity.

Steeves said he appreciates Fielding's endorsement and support.

Commenting on the weekend's stabbing homicide, Steeves said Winnipeggers have to take back their city.

Steeves said he expects people will be drawn to the downtown and surrounding neighbourhoods as they look for more affordable housing and the attractions they can find there.

Go figure.