View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2019, 12:41 AM
Cat Enthusiast

I cannot believe how Culverhouse Jr. has embarrassed The University... He wants to claim that his remarks about the State's abortion 'ban' (which in itself is a covfefe of a law) are the reason The University is returning money to him. This Florida real estate investor insulted the law school's dean, and tried to wield intimate (that's a word he used) influence on the way the law school should be run and the people that it should employ.

I'm sorry. This man benefited from an education at UA, and while his donations are tremendously appreciated, it does not mean that he gets to bully THE DEAN. And he certainly should not be weilding any influence that he thinks he has to challenge the State's ridiculous abortion law, that MANY UA School of Law faculty explicitely spoke out against!

"Mega-donors" should not be able to even think that they have a say in the way a program is run or how faculty should be hired. I DO think that their guidance should be taken into concideration, but by no means should their opinions be included as official justification for any changes in any department.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State