View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 9:19 PM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post

Deadline Comes for Transbay Terminal Bids

- SAN FRANCISCO -

Responses to the RFQ will be reviewed by a jury of seven design, development and transit professionals. The jury will name finalists on Feb. 15. The finalists will submit full proposals by Aug. 10 and the jury will recommend a winner by Aug. 25, when the Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board will make a final determination. Construction is expected to begin in 2009.

The jury includes Robert Campbell, a Pulitzer Prize-winning architecture critic for the Boston Globe; Hsin-Ming Fung, principal and co-founder of Hodgetts + Fung Design and a full professor at California State Polytechnic University’s School of Environmental Design; Susan L. Handy, a Professor in the Department of Environmental Science and Policy at the University of California at Davis; Oscar Harris, founder and CEO of Turner Associates Architects and Planners Inc.; Arthur Johnson, vice president of KPFF Consulting Engineers; Jerry Keyser, chairman of the board at Keyser Marston; and Allison G. Williams, design principal for Perkins & Will.

Following final selection by the TJPA Board, the TJPA will enter into a design contract directly with the lead design architect and its design and engineering team for the transit center. The TJPA will separately enter into a development agreement with the developer for the transit tower project, including the same lead design architect and the tower A/E team.
I dont think they'll be saying anything about the proposals that were submitted, it wouldnt make sense to me anyways. They'll probably just tell you who is still in the running, but not thier designs, if they have any yet. Basically all there is left to do is wait to see what happens. Chances are we'll hear a thing or two about the heights changing because I see it unlikely that Piano's Towers will be at or above the level of the Transbay Tower. Looks like February 15th is your next date to watch for.