View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2007, 4:43 PM
Exit 298

1900 North....dead man walking?

I've been reading a few of the articles on the Mountain View Corridor lately. It seems like the fight is now between 2100 North and 4800 North. The arguement is that Lehi doesn't want "too many freeways dividing up the city" and so they prefer 4800 North.

Boo hoo, poor Lehi! When's the last time West Valley complained because they'll end up with three freeways (201, 215, MVC) and Bangerter dividing up the city?

Anywho, I don't care. I like all three routes, but I think we may see UDOT add 4800 North as an alternative.

I did try to draw it in MS Paint and it looks like they'd need to build one expensive (read "awesome") bridge across the jordan river, like we were talking about.

I wonder if they'd almost do a "real" bridge over that, if they chose the route. Utah doesn't have bridges, we have "overpasses." Portland/Seattle/SF have real bridges.

4800 is nice too, because it looks like it could connect into the Frank Ghery project, which would make great access.