View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2019, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
2717 Altura Avenue, La Crescenta, California. Pre-flood photo. [c.1931]

Ebay

I believe this little house has survived but there is no way to get a closer look at it.

Was there, at one time, a street between (and running parallel with) Prospect and Altura Avenues? (you can see a line)
The way it is now, 2717 Altura is three house in from the actual street. ...How did that happen?

Check it out for yourself HERE

And if that line between Prospect & Altura used to be an alleyway...it still doesn't make much sense.

Here's why I think it's the same house. (the porch roof appears to match)
.................................................................................................................................SOUTH is at the top.

gsv / NORTH is at the bottom.

Also...what's up with the rocks on top of the porch?

DETAIL

Ward off evil spirits?

didn't we have a similar situation about a year ago with regard to something that ran in the middle of the block where there were a lot of small houses clustered around? in the case of the Altura Avenue house, it was built in 1920. It was apparently part of what was called Parrago Tract, but I don't have time right now to research it. The little road that looks like it was once a street, is probably access which was put in later to allow fire trucks to get in the area.