View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-cal-bear View Post
7 TH and Hill. Looking at the 7th street side. I remember going to the Blimpies only once as a kid back in 83' when I used to go to Downtown LA with my grandmother. But we used to hit the McDonald's on the corner of 7th and hill more often late 1970's to mis 80's. It was a Sunday treat. That Mc Donald's had two entrances to it. On Hill and 7th ST. Good memories there. It had the coolest ceiling fans too. They were paddles connected by long belts to a single motor.

If anybody remembers that unique feature please share your memories!

Now I see the place where the Blimpie's is the whole building is the International Jewelry Mart! And the building next door lost it's fire escapes. I had to go to Downtown 2 weeks ago to do Jury Duty and took time to walk around and take pix of my old roaming grounds. I didn't like what I saw as the hipsters have taken over the nitty-gritty Downtown I remember as a kid.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0462...8i6656!6m1!1e1
Thanks So-Cal_Bear for figuring out the location of the slide (below).

eBay

Blimpies Shuttle Bus?

I just noticed the color scheme on the bus (the one in front of the Blimpies) matches the Blimpies color scheme.
even the rectangular border around the Blimpies sign matches the striped roof of the bus.

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Oct 24, 2015 at 12:03 AM.