Thread: Light Rail Boom
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2014, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
So, let me be that travelling salesman and obnoxious troll for the still great made in France industry for a second. I found out Alstom released a version of their worldwide dominating Citadis specially designed for North America last year. They call it Spirit.

Video Link

Guess what, as far as I know, not a single American city purchased it so far. Yet it would be manufactured in the US to comply with their protectionist and weird "buy America" policy. I'll tell you what, we still don't behave that offensive in France. Our public bodies just as our private corporations are still totally free to buy America, Germany, China or whatever even when it's manufactured in America, Germany, China or wherever, and they're still granted our taxpayer money when they do so. I guess that in fact, we've been actual but naive free marketers over here, huh. But it might change sometime...

Only Ottawa, the Canadian capital is a customer of Alstom in entire North America when it comes to light rail systems, while the market has been booming everywhere. So we just keep noting that it's pretty hard to make a business over there in America when you basically and faithfully serve France's interests. And don't even try to deny if you're American. We know being bashed in the US is our very privilege, and I know the US myself, like you don't know France. Yep. Bashing the French like no one else is nothing racist in the US, it's only justice, right? It's funny, and again part of our honor, quite frankly. But then, don't be surprised when some are "rude" when you visit Paris.

Our trams serve even Jerusalem to connect the Jews to the Muslims and vice versa. It's really tougher over there, and none other has been chosen to try to make it.
Are you drunk?

Most US light rail cars are made by Siemens (German company), Bombardier (Canadian company), and Kinkisharyo (Japanese company). Yes, they are manufactured in the US, but the companies are not based in the US, so you're "buy American" rant is a little weird (ok, a lot weird).

And newsflash: BMW, Mercedes, VW, and soon Airbus also manufacture in the US. Should we not be buying those products either?