View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead2 View Post
You do know there working class people who exist who neither qualify as low-income nor can wait years for spaces to open up AND earn under $45,000/year. I happen to be one... So yeah, I can personally tell you there is in fact an affordable housing crisis... If you can find me a $500/month legal studio unit near transit in Edmonton I'll eat my hat...

Also this... Edmonton isn't mentioned but where Calgary numbers go Edmonton is sure to follow or vice versa. This is also the reason I'm an Edmontonian... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ysis-1.4184027
I don't have enough information about your circumstances, so I'll ask before I make dumb assumptions.

What percentage of your income is saved at the end of every month? If not enough, do you have any legitimate reasons (dependents for example). You need a very small amount of down-payment to qualify for a mortgage in Edmonton. Be EXTREMELY glad you don't have to come up with high five-digit, or even six-digit, sums to qualify in larger cities like Van. or Toronto.

Renting in Edmonton makes no sense, b/c there are so many option available to you when it comes to buying. But if you do have to rent, you can make some sacrifices for a year or two and share a room.

I have a ton, a tonnnnnn, of complaints about Edmonton. Affordability is not at all one of them.