View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2020, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
I'm not a lip reading expert, but it looks like Weaver is shouting "John!", her favorite Beatle? Most of the teenyboppers seemed to prefer Paul, at least the ones I rode with on the school bus to Walter Reed Jr. High in 1964. John came in 2, George 3 and Ringo got a very few sympathy votes. It always was between Paul and John. The boppers said Paul was the "cutest" but he also wrote some really good , important and tuneful songs. John seemed rougher, but he wrote some very important songs. Many say he was the most important Beatle looking back. He got the group to evolve to the next level, and George got them to embrace the Indian music of Ravi. John's last song "Imagine" written shortly before his death is his gift to us all. If she was shouting "John" as she seems to be, Sig had good sense.
My sister liked Ringo! She became a veterinarian. Always liked the helpless looking ones haha.
I'd say Paul was equal in pushing the band's boundaries. Maybe even more so.
Oh and "Imagine" was released in 1971, nine years before John's death. When John died, the song getting airplay was "(Just Like) Starting Over" off of the Double Fantasy LP.