View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
USC's Digital Library has a fairly large collection of Citizens National Trust & Savings Bank photos, mostly from the late 1920s. I've also found a few contemporary shots from other sites, so I'm going to work through the list in the advert below. I've split up the photos so they're not in one monumental post. My aim is to make the most complete list I can, so there may be a few repeats from previous posts.

I didn't find any pictures of the Atwater branch, but the building that's currently at 3224 Glendale Boulevard looks like it could date from that period.

GSV

More to follow ...
What I can tell you is that in 1956, the Atwater branch of Citizens bank was across the street from the one in the photo. It was a distinctly modern building (now occupied by Wells Fargo), so perhaps the original location is the one in your photo, and maybe changed locations or built that new(er) building across the street. In the years I lived in Atwater ('56 - '67), that building was occupied by a hardware store, then later by a drug store.

Andys