View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

ebay

At lower right, is that the brick apartment where the kidnapped school girl was brutally murdered back in the 1920s (or was it 30s?)

I don't remember her name, I just recognize the odd shape of the apts. (with two wings, angled front) We've covered the murder earlier in the thread.
__

With an apology to tovangar, the Hickman case has been discussed here before and at some length. In fact, it was the reason I found my way into the thread in the first place, searching for a picture of the apartment building in which he'd lived and murdered that little girl. As luck would have it, just out of frame to the bottom of your image is a short street named Marion Avenue. Ironic, I guess.

Also, is that Stevens Place I see over there at the western slope of Fort Moore Hill in the shadow of that big, white school district monolith? That's a pretty good shot of it considering how elusive it is. And although 215 N. Hill has been swept away, I see the Majestic is still over there holding on at Temple and N. Hill.

Nice pic.

Last edited by MichaelRyerson; Apr 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM.