View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

At lower right, is that the brick apartment where the kidnapped school girl was brutally murdered back in the 1920s (or was it 30s?)

I don't remember her name, I just recognize the odd shape of the apts. (with two wings, angled front) We've covered the murder earlier in the thread.
__
I remember the name but I'm not going to post it. That noir episode is enough to put one off the subject for life. I'll concentrate on the "Brew 102" billboard instead.

(930 Albany looks like another of those four-plexes built for winter tourists.)

Here's a nice muscular four-plex on 11th at Albany. More to my taste. So much of LA is still quite old. Not our image elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I used to regularly drive by this house on Burlington between Olympic and 11th. There would often be an ancient woman sweeping the second-floor balcony, which had long since lost its railing. I haven't been by for a decade now. I see they've replaced the door to the balcony with a window:

This is a plan book house. If one spends enough time around here, one starts to see repeats among the big homes in this part of town. Here's one of its siblings on Westlake Avenue just above 11th St (and it's also lost its porch-top balcony railing and had it's second-story door converted to a window):

all gsv

Last edited by tovangar2; Jun 17, 2015 at 5:04 AM. Reason: fix links