View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2016, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I hope we can help you with your quest Diamond-X.

Let me get this straight DX, your father's letter was sent from France to Los Angeles. Is that correct? Is there an envelop, or only the letter-

You say it's written to 'Grandad', and the last name is possibly Straub. So why just possibly? -are you unsure of the name of your great-grandfather?

Just trying to help.
__

Would you ever consider scanning the letter and posting it? (if it's too personal, perhaps just scan the parts with the clues)
Thanks for your response. It's possible that the letter was originally sent to a Navy base in Norfolk Virginia and then forwarded to the Moorpark address. The letter was given to me without an envelope. My Grandmother Jane Straub was married 4 times, so I was never clear on the family lineage. My father always referred to Shepperd Strudwick as his father, I think he meant his favorite father since he was not biologically related. I do know that her given name was Jane Straub and assume Grandad (sp) was also Straub. The letter itself doesn't hold much information except for the hand written Moorpark address and the Sunset 23003.

A mystery indeed.

Thanks again!