View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2010, 1:58 PM

you ain't the only one who's been kept up late at night trying to figure out those "sunshine apartment" fenestration angles from Criss Cross.

Finchley's single double hung window has always gotten me riled. the sunshine nor the hillcrest definitely never had a dogleg section that would have afforded the view out Finchley's window. Only the astoria could have provided the view looking due east at the back of the belmont. and there is a small dogleg section, just below the tower of the astoria that would provide the view

This can be seen in the WPA drawing i posted some time ago

Also, the view out Finchley's window is remarkably similar to this shot from The indestructible man, taken behind the astoria.

The view out the caper planning room window has also bothered me for what seems like forever. The view certainly looks like an angle from the sunshine, but there are definitely no bay windows in the sunshine. (once again, see wpa drawing above). at first i thought that maybe the room was in the astoria, as it has bay windows, but in order to have a shot through the center pane of the triple bay window, that is not looking directly at the back of the sunshine, it would have to be on a high floor, which would not provide the view that is shown of olivet and sinai gliding past.

the only place where this view can be accomplished through a bay window is in a south east corner room in the Hillcrest