View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2019, 7:10 PM

Scott Charles, we know you've posted about the bars of Barfly, a movie you like. I was reading an article about Faye Dunaway and her, well let's just say "personality problems" these days. Here's a paragraph you might find interesting:

There was at least one person whom even Dunaway was intimidated by. While filming the 1987 movie “Barfly,” co-starring the actress and Mickey Rourke, the notorious Charles Bukowski — who’d written the script, derived from his memoirs — was sometimes on set. “Bukowski was a pugnacious alcoholic and would get into a fight with anyone at the drop of a hat,” said Jonathan Hodges, who was an assistant prop-master on the film. “So she never messed around with him.”

This article also mentions an incident from the place I worked:

Dunaway’s shenanigans have not been limited to showbiz settings. In the 1990's she lived in West Hollywood. According to a former employee of Video West in West Hollywood, the actress used to drive up to the store and honk her car horn, waiting for someone to come out to collect her videos. If they took too long, the source told The Post, Dunaway would “just toss [the tapes] out the window.”

Heh! I heard of this a couple times, but never witnessed that personally. I did have a couple of strange personal interactions with her there, however.

Article HERE.

The Chinatown Cocktail: One drink and you're Dun-away.