View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.P. View Post

By the way, are there any specific websites for the locations of "The Dukes of Hazzard" and "CHiPs" you identified as well as for Moxie's findings for "Scarecrow and Mrs King"? It's always interesting to see what kindred spirits discover!
My 'Dukes of Hazzard' locations can be found on a thread called Hazzard Square on hazzardnet.com. It started out as a list of businesses in Hazzard County, but grew to include many of the filming locations (mainly around Lake Sherwood and Santa Clarita, but some in Hollywood and Burbank).

The 'CHiPs' locations I found were added to the episode guides of the CHiPs Wiki at chips-tv.com. I think all of these were in Los Angeles.

Moxie's 'Scarecrow and Mrs King' locations can be found here on scarecrowandmrskingforum.yuku.com. These covered both sides of the country, so Moxie had a much bigger job to do.

Speaking of '80s TV filming locations, I was watching a season 4 (1986) epsiode of 'Knight Rider' earlier when I spotted a familiar sight. In the episode 'Deadly Knightshade', Michael and KITT pull up outside the 'Ocean Breezes Hotel'.

Glen A. Larson Productions/Universal TV

For anyone who didn't spot the Ambassador Hotel, there's a big clue on the carpet as KITT pulls out of shot. I've read that the interior shots were filmed at the Pasadena Playhouse.

Glen A. Larson Productions/Universal TV

The previous episode of 'Knight Rider', 'Out of the Woods', set fire to the old Duke Farm at the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch. You can see my HazzardNet posts about that, and the remodeled Boar's Nest from the same episode, here and here.

This entrance to the Ambassador Hotel seen in 'Knight Rider' was covered recently by e_r in post #23740 and post #23795.