View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2019, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Was surfing the internet and found a blog talking about 5 CTA stations that badly need renovations. To no surprise, Clinton Blue Line was one of them. Fortunately, as a part of the Forest Park renovation they plan to build an entrance in front of the Post Office

https://www.metroblog.us/2019/09/5-c...e-need-of.html
The linked article also mentions the LaSalle Clinton stop. This is a disaster of a stop. Another one with a long platform leading nowhere, and no access from the street that doesn't involve stairs - 26 of them, I've counted. It is described as often desolate, but I don't know what the author is talking about. As more and more housing units come online is serves as a primary stop for Sloopers coming and going from ORD. Bury prime time it's very busy and during off hours it seems busier that those desolated stations the train passes through further north. It isn't traveler friendly - not only are the steps daunting, but the turnstiles are too narrow for a standard suitcase so you need to do the "get the attendant to open the gate, shove your bag through and then go through the turnstile before retrieving it." routine. With all those units opening on Wells, it would seem a prime place to add an exit from the West side of the platform, but I have no idea how they'd fit it in.