View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2014, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsell View Post
I couldn't agree more. I for one wouldn't mind paying a few dollars for parking at night to enjoy a meal or whatever.
You would think there would be money to be made but I guess for a place like the AP Garage the issue might be security. Even so, opening up just a couple of levels might work.
There is a small parking garage in the lower level of the Bowring building that would be perfect for after hours...maybe 60-70 spaces, one level, indoors. Pay some kid $10 hr to collect and how could you not make money.
The problem with this is people who leave their cars over night. These spots are paid for by monthly parkers, and if the garage is open, they have the right to use the spot they paid for. Also, if a bunch (even a few) people left thier cars overnight on a weeknight, the owner of the garage would have to start towing people when the monthly people started showing up to work. all in all it'd be more hassle than it was worth.

The only way it would work is if they made the first few floors "first-come first serve" at all times (ie: revoke a pile of current monthly passes). Then you could open a couple of floors at night, charge by the hour, and if someone came by at 9 or 10 am the next day to collect their car, its no big deal.