Thread: Light Rail Boom
View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2020, 6:25 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
Jesus, can we stop this narrative? Two people(albeit very rich) did not keep transit from Nashville. Also, "misinformation campaigns" go both ways. I don't know how many times I've noticed that the facts were stretched for issues I support. Everyone does it.

There isn't always some boogieman to blame. Sometimes a city just doesn't want to spend money on something the vast majority of people will never use.
Just because you get rattled and uncomfortable when people call out those with whom you align yourself politically doesn't mean there isn't any accuracy to their claims. As I've said before, it is certainly up for debate as to whether or not that was the right transit proposal for the city. So I'm not saying the proposal was perfect, or that there weren't legitimate reasons for opposing it, or that the Koch Brothers were the singular reason the proposal failed. But they were a significant factor. It is a fact that most of the shit spread around by this organization, which greatly benefits financially from the failure of non-fossil fuel dependent transportation methods, was at least exaggerated if not outright made up nonsense. It is also a fact that the proposal had majority support as well, until they started pumping millions into their campaign of lies. Nashville is not their only victim either. This is going to continue happening, however, until folks like you stop providing convenient cover for people like this who could care less about you or your best interest just because they claim the same political team as you.

-Bob Marley

Last edited by BnaBreaker; Jan 22, 2020 at 6:36 AM.