View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2014, 5:07 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretttheRiderFan View Post
Will Stantec be the tallest building in Canada outside Toronto and Brookfield Place? Or are there taller U/Cs out there? I'm pretty new to this forum (was inactive for about two years) so I'm out of the loop.

According to this Journal article it's supposed to be 227 metres. It's pretty much guaranteed at this point that the tower is being built, I mean there was even a big press conference with Don Iveson.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Stant...480/story.html
Edmonton will be the 3rd tallest city in the country I know about the press conference, I watched it live streaming. It will go ahead, but don't count on a height increase, other than when the details of the spire are revealed. Projects like this (mixed use) unfortunately usually get scaled down rather than up. This one is probably solid though.

At 227 meters, Stantec Tower will be the 11th tallest building in the country (roof height scale). Still shorter than Brookfield Place and The Bow, but taller than Telus Sky and Toronto's Harbour Plaza West.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.