View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
“If the city doesn’t cooperate with the approval this space could get scraped..."

http://downtowndevil.com/2016/08/10/...ty-opposition/

If that isn't hostage-taking, I don't know what is.
That was pretty obvious from the beginning, the only difference is they actually said it.

This entire city can't get out of its own way. Many of the developers are either lightly funded or lack experience in major urban projects, and the various action committees and neighborhood associations and citizens out there are either activists for the sake of being a cool activist, or are just really not very bright or well versed (sorry to lump them all together, but some of the direct face to face discussions I've had with a couple of the more vocal and supposed leaders (not even always in relation to City-related topics) gives me very little confidence in them to do anything productive. Top it off with very poor city government and policies through the years and we have what amounts to a joke of an urban area and historic fabric compared to most of the rest of the country.

After more than 15 years of being on this forum, going through many of the ups and downs, watching nonsense happen, or more often than not, nothing at all happen, this fiasco is basically the straw that broke the camel's back for me. We can kiss this historic building goodbye, and it's past time to stop caring in general.

Last edited by PHX31; Aug 10, 2016 at 9:13 PM.