View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliver View Post
Thanks all./

I noticed the elevator shaft as well. Lee, the site foreman told me it had to look like the old plank forms they used back in 1905 or thereabouts so they just pressed some boards into it. A large portion of that shaft will remain exposed and open. It's like walking around a shelled out old brick building, sometimes you're on the outside, sometimes you're in the inside, sometimes large walls just end abruptly. Eventually, the whole structure will be completely enclosed by modern steel and glass. It has a large third floor patio a la AGA facing onto Jasper Ave. A very interesting block of Jasper...

I've walked through a few times, and seen the blueprints they're building from. It could be a real showcase space for this city. I really hope they find some money.

And it's not hard to be patient when for the most part we were just hanging out on sahlgoode's roof enjoying a beautiful day...
Nice to see the walk through. since its my job to got through projects I get quite complacent and start to miss things. One project I was on up north, the Arch and I talked about his vision and when I walked through and photographed it later I tried to bring that out. didn't hurt I had same idea of the facility before I talked to him.

There are a few roof tops in this city that would be nice to sit on.

As for documenting the process I loved this series. Hoping to get on one of the signature projects in town, fingers crossed.