View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2019, 7:25 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSL View Post
That's *you*.

There are probably hundreds of millions of detached fathers out there. Lots of men don't change, and there is an enormous number of deadbeat dads in this country and around the world. You can't take your epiphany and extrapolate it to what men think. On the contrary, there are a lot of men who probably wanted to be fathers but had no idea how much they did not. Just go look at the statistics of the ever rising number of men who abandon their family.
your reading comprehension skills need a tune-up. in no way, shape, or form did i say, or even imply, that what i wrote applies to all men. the word "can" has a meaning.

it was merely a counter to my initial assessment that 10023 might not be a great candidate for parenthood given the emphasis on self and self-satisfaction that drips from a lot of his posts.

i used to be one of those men, and then it all got turned upside down when i became a dad. if 10023 ever becomes a parent, it's quite possible that he might undergo a similar such change in attitude.

or maybe not. as you pointed out, there are A LOT of shitty fathers in this world. we certainly don't need any more of them. or shitty moms for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSL View Post
I love my child, but I don't think having one really changed me and I don't feel guilty about it either. I simply learned to love another human being as much as I love myself.
on the one hand you claim that you didn't change when you became a dad, then in the very next sentence you drop this little doozy "I simply learned to love another human being as much as I love myself"

if that's not a big glaring example of change and personal growth, then what the fuck is?

Last edited by Steely Dan; Oct 23, 2019 at 7:44 PM.