Thread: Baseline BRT EA
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2020, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catenary View Post
Bringing this back to the Baseline BRT; the benefits of that project go far beyond the transit lanes, though that's obviously critical. The design also proposed proper cycle tracks and protected intersections along its entire length. Baseline is currently a significant barrier to safe cycling, and cycle tracks along the entire corridor would be a huge improvement. The proposal doesn't significantly affect the road lanes either - It's almost as if what is keeping us from having better urban streets is the demand for parking.
And most importantly, the addition of cycling infrastructure isn't what's holding back the Baseline BRT project in any way shape or form.

I do not get the logic at all shared by members that the reason we have poor bus service is due to cycling infrastructure or due to Urban councillors enthusiasm for bicycles but I'll try to stick to the topic at hand. Especially when like you said, entire lanes are occupied by parked cars.

I see the Baseline and Carling BRTs as an example of two low risk and (relatively) low cost solutions that will have a major positive impact for the Bus riders.