View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
Oh please, complaining about middle class people paying high taxes while the wealthy get massive tax breaks isn't "outrage culture", it's a legitimate gripe.
Thank goodness for this post.

We all know successful people are useful to society and deserve consideration.
But in turn, they need to understand that their success was made by society itself, so somehow, they owe you much of what they've got.

There's some sort of famous US tradition of the rich paying back society, though.
They do it by so-called "charity". I've been skeptical about this, because it's still to serve their fame and businesses through communication and advertising.

I will once again quote the Gospel in that matter.

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This is merely beyond extraordinary. This is pure common soul. There's something else we all know: no one can resist this thing. It's too beautiful and powerful.
The Lord makes no discrimination at all. He is merciless.
Rewards and curses are for all with no exception.