View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2014, 3:52 PM

Former Tucson Mayor Tom Volgy says that Tucson has this type of problem the last 50-60 years. Watch at 5:20 in this link . He looks older and wiser. He says Tucson didn't do very well in terms of adapting to the population boom because '...we were hamstrung in terms of resources'. I think what he meant was that we were stupid enough to listen to a handful (maybe 50 or so) extremist community activist that have the luxury and wealth to create a delusional fantasy land.

Bourne has $6.2 mil to redeveloped part of Wilmot Plaza but not enough to expand his puny and ugly downtown project.

Btw, I'll be glad that I'm wrong but Gadsden will never lay one brick or mortar with their downtown west project. Time is running out. Something needs to be built on that side otherwise the streetcar would be half successful.

Whatever happen to that Peach Property project just south of Cadence. I hope it's canceled. It's one of the ugliest buildings ever proposed in recent times.

City of Tucson needs to be careful what building they approve downtown. There's only so much space available. It only takes about 15 minute walk end to end within downtown. Hate Tucson to have the distinction as one of the ugliest downtown in the world.