View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2014, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anqrew View Post
Interestingly, recently a friend of mine posted a picture of the Hub on Facebook saying how ugly it was and it got lots of comments from people sharing the sentiment, i think from the NW angle it looks pretty bad. but from the E not so bad. But also there was someone commenting, who i assumed lives in a nearby neighborhood because they were giving lots of facts about all the new high rises in the Main Gate. What really caught my eye was that they said "Two new hotels planned in the University area, one 15 floors, the other 20." now this may just be false but the 15 floor is obviously a reference to the hotel on Tyndall, but i got wondering where the "20 floor" one might be located, it couldn't be in the Main Gate because none of the zoning allows for that high. So then i was reminded of talk about the corner of Speedway and Campbell:

I looked into the properties on that corner and there is a rezoning, it leads back to developer Jim Portner of Projects International Inc (La Encantada, The Bridges, SuperTarget) heres a link: http://projectsintl.com/home.html.

anyway this might just be too much speculation but i think the supposed 20 floor hotel may be at speedway and campbell. but who knows, maybe ill ask the person on Facebook where they got the info about the 20 floor hotel.
Can't remember if I had posted it here, but I found a request from Projects International for one of those parcels requesting neighborhood association addresses. This was around the time of the meeting with Kozachik but I couldn't figure out which neighborhood association it was and many of them do not update their websites if they have websites at all. Is the rezoning request recent?