View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2020, 12:31 AM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
A few things...

I believe the corner lot everyone is reference on Memorial Drive and Chester Avenue in front of ReStore is now paved. That lot is too small to really do anything with other than townhomes, but I'm not sure if Habitat for Humanity would want something blocking restore? They utilize the lot for events at Habitat often enough, so not sure how much they care about losing it.

Re: dpoulos27

That empty space along Memorial Drive in front of the Alta Dairies is a pad for an eventual office building. Not sure if we'll see anything built there unless they decide to go speculative, which they might, but that would probably be more in the future once they fill up the existing office space in Atlanta Dairies and the area is more established. It'd be nice if they fixed the sidewalk, cleaned up the site, and turn it into greenspace for the time being. However, Mill Creek is using it for staging on the Modera Reynoldstown project, so maybe after?

@Pica

For your map, I would include the site west of Cummin Landscape. I know this is Cabbagetown, so maybe that is why you didn't include it? You can see the site line on Google maps (satellite and non). There was an attempt to do some small office projects there, but a proposal came through the local neighborhoods recently showing small lot single family product.

There's also a lot of other potential developable sites such the Ant Building, the once soon-to-be WonderRoot site with the old school and Reid's Body Shop.
Awesome man! Thanks for the thorough and informative post!