View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 9:22 PM
Denver

RTD must be the least user friendly transit agency in the entire world.

Yesterday I needed to get from Boulder to Downtown Littleton. I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use public transit. Wrong.

I arrived at the Broadway and Arapahoe bus stop in Boulder 5 minutes early for the BV. The BV showed up on time and drove right past me. I called RTD to complain / ask why the bus didn't stop for me. Apparently the BV stops at Broadway and Canyon then skips past the Broadway and Arapahoe stop, and the next stop is at The Broadway & Euclid Station. So basically, the BV stops once near downtown Boulder, then travels almost a mile before stopping on the hill near CU. I will admit that this is my fault for not knowing which stops in Boulder the BV stops at, but it seems pretty ridiculous to me that the BV doesn't stop at Broadway and Arapahoe. For the sake of user ease, shouldn't the BV stop at all of the stops along broadway in central Boulder?

So I walk to Broadway and Canyon and wait another 30 minutes to catch the BV. I get on the BV, and get off at Denver Union Station. The BV parks at the exact opposite end of the bus terminal from the light rail station, so I walk the 150 yards to the lightrail station. There is no C line running, so I wait 12 minutes for an E Line to show up. I hop on the E line and take it to broadway where I wait another 10 minutes to transfer to a D line. I get on the D line and finally make it to Littleton Downtown.

my total travel time (not including the 30 minute delay in Boulder) was 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Fuck it. Next time I will just drive (and I have an eco pass)